What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means any information about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. It includes, for example, names, home addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. It does not include business information, such as a business address or telephone number.
The Collection of Personal Information
Norstar collects Personal Information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents.
Using Personal Information
Norstar uses Personal Information that it collects for the following limited purposes:
- To communicate with individuals
- To assist in understanding individuals’ needs and preferences and to adjust our products and services accordingly
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with customers
- Norstar may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will not knowingly disclose Personal Information to any third parties except:
- To affiliated and associated companies within the Norstar Group of Companies or the Concordian Group of Companies and only for the limited purposes described above. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the Personal Information for any other purpose other than as described above.
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service our customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such Personal Information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the Personal Information for any purpose other than as described above.
Norstar does not sell, rent, barter, exchange or trade for consideration any Personal Information that it collects. In the event of the sale of Norstar, Personal Information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Please note that there are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where Norstar is obliged to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances include:
- Where Norstar is required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal to disclose certain information;
- Where Norstar believes, upon reasonable grounds, that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where disclosure is necessary to establish or collect money owing to Norstar;
- Where disclosure is necessary to permit Norstar to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that Norstar may sustain; or
- Where the information is public.
Accuracy and Access
We will give you access to the information we retain about you. Norstar will also make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate, current and as complete as necessary for the purposes for which we have collected the information.
Norstar keeps Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the product or service and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of a person’s relationship with us but only as long as necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.
Norstar endeavours to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to Personal Information.
However, you should note there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is completely secure. Mail, telephone calls, faxes and transmissions over the Internet are all susceptible to possible loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the information being communicated or transmitted.
Norstar does not assume any liability for any unauthorized use or interception of personal information over the internet by third parties. In addition, we do not assume liability for any unauthorized use of personal information collected by third parties with websites that are the current or future subject of a link from our website.
The only Personal Information Norstar collects on its website is the information voluntarily supplied by you if you contact us through our website. This information typically is restricted to your name and e-mail address. We do not employ any electronic means to automatically collect personally identifiable information from any visitor or user of our website or from their computers. We may use your Personal Information collected through our website to respond to your inquiries, contact you or provide you with e-mails or brochures that we believe will interest you or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not provide any Personal Information to Norstar.
7077 Keele Street, Suite 102
Concord, Ontario. L4K 0B6
Email to: email@example.com